Honey Twinkies is a twist on the traditional “Texas Twinkie.” A half jalapeno filled with cheese, a slice of brisket, and wrapped in bacon. The twist on this one is a honey rub and real honey glaze to get the bacon to an almost candied taste.
- 6 Jalapenos (as large as possible)
- 1 pack of bacon
- 1lb Cooked pencil-thin sliced brisket
- 1 Block sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 3 tbsp of Meat Church Honey Hog
- 1 tbsp Hot water
- Pre-heat smoker/grill to 275. Indirect heat.
- Cut cheese into 12 even pieces. Cut to fit the size of your jalapenos cut in half.
- Cut Jalapeno in half. Remove seeds and stems with a spoon. Arrange jalapeno halves and fill with cheese.
- Top each jalapeno half with a slice of brisket. If it overlaps a little, it’s not a problem.
- Wrap in bacon. Try to overlap as little and as uniform as possible to cover the entire jalapeno half.
- Add honey and hot water to a small saucer. Mix. If the honey and water do not combine and do not thin add to microwave for 15 seconds and stir. Coat bacon.
- Cover in Honey Hog BBQ rub.
- Place in smoker/grill for 25 minutes. Check for hot spots and rotate. Cook another 10 minutes and check for doneness, you might find some are ready to come off and some might need a few more minutes. The key is not to rush them. Cook until the desired doneness of the bacon.