Ive had my fair share of bland carne guisada and this for sure isn’t that way. You can doctor guisada up with cheese, eggs, cilantro, salsa, corn tortilla, flour tortilla, etc. I prefer to keep it simple, a warm, soft flour tortilla, a little bit of cheddar cheese, and that’s it.
- 3 lbs Roast Meat (blade steak, chuck roast, stew meat)
- 1 Onion
- 2 jalapenos
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup Bolners Carne Guisda Seasoning
- 2 tbps Salt Lick Garlic rub
- Preheat grill to 350° for indirect cooking. Insert a cast iron dutch oven to pre-heat as you prep the other ingredients.
- Cut roast into 1/2 inch squares. Remove any large pieces of fat or connective tissues. Season with 2tbps of Salt Lick Garlic rub.
- Chop onion and jalapenos into bite-size pieces.
- Add oil to cast iron and let warm for 2-3 minutes. Add beef and vegetables for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in Bolners Carne Guisada Seasoning, add water.
- Cook until meat begins to fall apart, around 2.5-3 hours.
- Serving Size: 3 oz
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: .8g
- Sodium: 350mg
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated Fat: 5.6g
- Carbohydrates: 1.8g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 96.6g